bioware: you get asexuality!!! and you get a gay romance!!! and you get a lesbian romance!!! this character is bisexual!!! this character is pansexual!!! a romance doesn’t necessarily involve sex!!! inclusivity is important!!!
I don’t understand how all Muslims are called terrorists because of what one group of 19 extremist men did 13 years ago.
But white people aren’t called terrorists when they invaded their countries, killed millions of civilians, when they shoot up schools, shoot up movie theaters, and kill random POC. Isn’t that something.
Haha yeah! I usually do a pass on Dipper/Mabels dialogue to try to make sure they feel like the characters I know for the most part. I never actually wrote out 10 actual commandments, but here’s a few rules I find myself going back to with the writers:
1) The kids LIKE each other. No matter how much they get on each other’s nerves, this never changes.
2) Mabel’s not stupid. She’s a ham! There’s a big difference. Mabel’s love of goofing off is a natural force of her personality, but she can still understand when people she cares about need help or are in danger. Don’t just make her a catchphrase machine. She really cares about the people around her. (Secret: Mabel’s secretly jealous that her brothers better academically than she is)
3) Dipper’s smart but he’s not a “WALKING CALCULATOR” There’s a lot of kids shows featuring a character who is “the brains.” You know the guy. Thick glasses, nasal voice, often starts every sentence with “According to my calculations!! SNORT!” Pretty much every kids show stereotype can be traced back to the BK Kids club. This one would be IQ: http://i.imgur.com/RAhYsI7.jpg
The point is, Dipper is better academically than Mabel, but he’s also able to laugh at himself. He’s a real kid. He has insecurities. He has things that he loves. I try not to pigeonhole these characters into “ONE TYPE” They lose their humanity if you do that. (Secret: Dipper’s secretly jealous that Mabel’s better socially than he is)
4) They’ve known each other forever. They should occasionally finish each other sentences, they should recognize when one of them is about to do something they always do, they should reference past inside jokes, they should get instantly angry at each other and then instantly make up, the way people who’ve known each other forever do.
5) They get more close in unfamiliar situations (because they need each other) and less close in familiar situations (because they dont as much) The entire summer is an unfamiliar situation, and its helping them bond.
6) Dipper wants to grow up too fast. Mabel doesn’t
Close. There were no reviews -- in fact, almost no one, anywhere, actually reviewed it. However the timeline is a little off. Grayson wrote about the game less than a week before the ex alleges he was sleeping with Quinn. And Quinn and Grayson are on video sharing a hotel room at GDC at least a week prior to said writing.
"turns out i’ve got nothing so i’ll just suggest her game sucks instead"
so unless i’m missing something in the whopping two gaming news outlets he has worked for this year: you are completely wrong, try again
oh i see you already tried again
Even if the start of this was a little shaky (I’m fairly sure it wasn’t) it’s evolved into something much bigger. We’re not concerned with Quinn’s antics anymore, we haven’t been for a while. We’re mostly dealing with nepotism and corruption.
rofl “we’re not concerned with quinn’s antics any more” and then you open with quinn’s antics, jesus christ.
so, you’re “fairly sure”
you have a whole big clusterfuck of people here running around leveling accusations carefully designed to threaten whole careers
and you are “fairly sure”
it also turns out you are “completely fucking wrong”, just like almost everything i’ve been told is the root of this circus. just like every idiot who’s approached me on twitter to tell me i’m wrong, then mumbled “ummm do your research” when pressed for concrete detail
nepotism? corruption? like the accusation that zoe quinn doxed TFYC, which never happened? like the positive reviews for depression quest in exchange for sex, which don’t exist? like the condemning of leigh alexander for the crime of owning a side business? like the disparaging of jenn frank for writing an article supporting someone she knows?
that is an exact exhaustive list of the examples of “corruption” i have been given, and wow, hey, what an incredible coincidence: those people are all women.
giving you the benefit of the doubt that you’re not just a raging woman-hating misogynist, i’m sorry to have to tell you: you have been had by some raging woman-hating misogynists. they have framed their crap in terms of Our Tribe Is Under Siege Oh No and you have swallowed it hook, line, and sinker.
it’s basically the same tactic the republican party uses to keep racism alive: just use the word “welfare” instead, along with the traditional stereotypes of laziness and inferiority and worthlessness. people will practically turn it into us-vs-them for you. it’s like magic! if you’re lucky, they’ll even spice it up with some moral panic!
this isn’t about the generalization of gamers, or corruption in journalism, or whatever slimy excuse 4chan is puking out now. it’s about a bunch of maladjusted teenagers who have absolutely nothing going for them except that they know how to move a crosshair with a joystick, and they are fucking terrified that no one’s impressed by that any more. even girls can do it now! what happened! CORRUPTION
don’t get me wrong, there’s totally corruption in the game industry. but most of it lies with the publishers. strange, isn’t it, that this flash mob is going after the journalists instead of the people who have all the actual power and control? why do you think that is?
i have a guess: because doing a goddamn thing about the real sleaze in gaming would require not playing a popular game. and for a group of people whose very identity revolves around suckling the teat of big publishers, that is literally unthinkable.
tl;dr you and all of gamergate are completely full of shit